Giants of the Earth Heritage Center, Inc. is a non-profit organization that specializes in helping people with genealogy searches, using traditional methods and through DNA testing. In addition we have an ongoing Oral History project to capture precious memories and identify people in photos now, before that history is lost. We also assist families in digitizing their special historic records, photos and writings.
Here are some key functions of the Heritage Center, Links to each of these areas can be found on our homepage.
- Creates Oral Video Histories of Norwegian Ridge (former name of Spring Grove) and surrounding areas
- Digitally preserves and shares historical photos and other media
- Manages a collaborative genealogical database for Spring Grove and surrounding towns, including many families from Decorah
- Uses state of the art genetic tests to help people break through genealogical brick walls and find European cousins to visit
- Holds many classes and lectures related to preserving our Norwegian Ridge heritage
Also check out our Fine and Folk Art School. In addition, we offer Kubb Tournaments and Old-Fashioned Viking Games at Festivals; Syttende Mai and Uff-Da.
Norwegian Ridge Language Camp 2013, Session 1 from June 10-14 for 4-7 year olds; Session 2 from June 17-21 for all ages older than 7 Please see norwegianridge.org for registration and other details.